This facial is great for aging skin since strawberries contain AHA and vitamin C, both anti-aging ingredients touted in many store bought cosmetics. Strawberries are also excellent for oily skin. Always test the ingredients on the inside of your elbow or wrist for allergies before applying any facial.
2 large ripe strawberries
1 Tablespoon almonds ground up fine
1 Tablespoon Milk
1 Tablespoon Kaolin or other facial clay
-Mash 2 ripe strawberries well in a bowl and set aside.
-In another bowl, combine 1 tablespoon milk with a little bit of the mashed strawberry to create a facial cleanser.
-In another bowl, combine the almond powder with about ½ teaspoon of the mashed strawberry to make a facial scrub.
-To the remainder of the mashed strawberry, add 1 tablespoon kaolin clay and mix well adding a little milk if needed to make a smooth paste for a facial mask.
1. Pull hair off your face with a headband and begin boiling a large pot of water.
2. Using clean cotton pads dipped in the strawberry cleanser, massage the cleanser gently into skin then rinse very well with lots of water.
3. Gently massage the strawberry scrub into your face for a few minutes and rinse very well with water. Pat skin dry with clean towel.
4. Pour the boiling water into a large bowl and ‘tent’ a towel over your head to steam your face about a foot above the steaming water. (Skip the steaming if you have broken capillaries from Rosacea or have asthma). Let face steam about 10 minutes.
5. Apply the strawberry mask to your face and lie down to relax for 20 minutes. Rinse well with lots of water and pat dry.
6. Apply your favorite moisturizer.